Famous entrepreneur and brand influencer Laura Ikeji has taken to social media to narrate her ugly experience with generator fumes and how it almost rendered her and her friend lifeless.

According to her, she passed the night at a friend’s apartment, the power company interrupted power, and they were left with the option of switching on the generator throughout the night.

She woke up to the choking smell of smoke, which she and her friend had inhaled for long, but managed to get off the bed amidst severe headaches and coughs to put off the generator just in front of the apartment.

Uneasily, she dragged out her friend, who had already passed out as a result of fumes from the generator.

That was when she realised having generators close to where you sleep is dangerous as she urged her fans always to keep generators far away from the house to avoid disaster.

She wrote:

Let me tell y’all a lil story and how dangerous this generator fume is. So years ago I went to visit my friend at her place in Oniru, decided to pass the night. Power went off at 12midnight or so and she went to put the gen on. And we slept off, I woke up about 1 or 1:30am….

I opened my eyes but I couldn’t move, I couldn’t even raise a finger, we both had inhaled the fume for long, I could barely see anything cos the house was covered in smoke.

And I started praying in my heart, blood of Jesus save us, save us. Suddenly I started coughing and could…

..Move my head,looked at the sitting room and saw my friend on the floor, she already passed out, how she got there I didn’t know. That was when I used all the strength in me to get up the bed, with a terrible headache, my bones were weak, I slowly walked to the door and opened..

..Managed to put off the generator that was just in front of the door and started throwing up. Went back into the house that was very dark and started kicking things until I felt my friend’s leg and I started pulling her out of the house still throwing up. We eventually came out

My breathing was slow, my bones were weak, couldn’t talk or explain to the few neighbors who came to where we laid, just in front of the house on the ground. The neighbors started pouring water on us, and some in typical Naija fashion were praying. All of a sudden my friend..

.. started breathing and throwing up too. Long story short, we survived and left the house that morning. If we had stayed in the house for longer hmmmm God forbid. So when I hear a family of 5, 6 etc died from generator fume, I know what could have happened.

Pls move ur generator far far away from the house u sleep. These generators re dangerous.

Wunmi ansd Seyi Edun

It seems Nollywood actress Oluwaseyi Edun has pitched her tent with her colleague Olayinka Solomon after her friendship with Wunmi Toriola crashed.

Kemi Filani recalls that Seyi Edun has been on a long time beef with her former best friend, actress Wunmi Toriola who described her as being toxic and a snake.

However, Olayinka Solomon has taken to Instagram to celebrate her friendship with Seyi Edun, describing her as a pure heart.

According to Olayinka Solomon, Seyi Edun was beneficial during her wedding, coordinating activities and playing the role of one’s sister.

She said that Seyi Edun’s epistle is long because her heart is pure, and she cherishes her, adding that their friendship…