The Governor of Lagos state, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Monday signed the law to prohibit open grazing of cattle in the state.

The State’s House of Assembly had passed the bill on September 9 during plenary.

The Speaker of the House, Mudashiru Obasa, had subsequently directed the acting clerk, Olalekan Onafeko, to transmit copies of the bill to Sanwo-Olu for assent.

After the anti-open grazing bill scaled second reading, the House had convened a public hearing, with different groups invited to air their views.

During the hearing, the South-West chapter of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association (MACBAN), asked for more time to train its members on how to stop the practice of open grazing.

Maikudi Usman, zonal secretary of south-west MACBAN, said the members of the association need time to be educated on “how they will be breeding cattle in one place and not transfer to anybody’s land”.

Lagos is the fourth southern state to sign the anti-open grazing bill into law, after Rivers, Ondo, Enugu, and Akwa Ibom.

laura ikeji

Famous entrepreneur and brand influencer Laura Ikeji has taken to social media to narrate her ugly experience with generator fumes and how it almost rendered her and her friend lifeless.

According to her, she passed the night at a friend’s apartment, the power company interrupted power, and they were left with the option of switching on the generator throughout the night.

She woke up to the choking smell of smoke, which she and her friend had inhaled for long, but managed to get off the bed amidst severe headaches and coughs to put off the generator just in front of the apartment.

Uneasily, she dragged out her friend, who had already passed out as a result of fumes from the generator.