Anthony Joshua has officially triggered his clause for a rematch against Oleksandr Usyk.
Their seconde fight could take place in March, according to Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn.
Joshua lost his WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO belts in a unanimous points decision at London’s Tottenham Hotspur Stadium last month.
“He (Joshua) has got his head back in the game.
“He is training now and today we officially triggered the rematch for the Oleksandr Usyk fight, which we will see early next spring.
“We’re looking for him to become a three-time heavyweight world champion. I think realistically March is when you’re likely to see the rematch,” Hearn told DAZN on Saturday.
A possible world heavyweight unification fight between Joshua and compatriot Tyson Fury, the WBC champion, was thrown into uncertainty after Fury’s promoter Frank Warren said he could not see it happening.