A massive gas leakage has occurred around Computer Village, Awolowo Rd, Oba Akran, Ikeja area of Lagos state on Wednesday morning, November 3rd.
The spokesperson for NEMA (South West), Ibrahim Farinloye, who confirmed this in a statement advised residents to avoid the affected area, or use of anything inflammable.
“Residents around Computer Village, Underbridge Awolowo Way, Oba Akran axis, Anifowose Street, Medical Road, must not open shops or use open naked fire for safety reasons”, he said.
The affected areas include Computer Village, Ikeja Under bridge end of Awolowo Way, Oba Akran axis, Anifowose Street, and Medical Road.
Watch video below,
This is coming few months after several people were injured after a gas tanker exploded in the late hours of Thursday, June 17, at Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way in Ikeja, Lagos.
According to an eyewitness, the explosion was caused by a leaking gas tanker that broke down close to a filling station in Ikeja. He said the gas leak caused commotion at the filling station making staffs and customers to fled the scene.