It is no longer news that Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has invited Nigerian rapper, Falz, and actor Mr Marcaroni among others to join him in what he called ‘A Walk for Peace’ in December.

 The governor made this known on Tuesday during a live broadcast held at the State House, Alausa that the state deserves true healing after the #EndSARS protest against police brutality last year.

The governor spoke on the state government’s stance on the recommendations of the judicial panel of inquiry on #EndSARS submitted a fortnight ago.

Sanwo-Olu asked residents to reject those fueling lawlessness and suspicion, clinging to unconfirmed belief that carried no weight of verifiable evidence, while choosing emotion over facts.

Falz and Mr Macaroni, have been warned not to accept the invitation by the Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, to partake in a peace walk.

Though Falz, Macaroni and the other invitees were yet to react, some youths on Twitter condemned the proposal by the Governor. They also demanded justice for those allegedly killed at the Lekki tollgate on October 20, 2020.

Read the comments gathered by Kemi Filani News below:

@gabinshki said, “#EndSARS witnesses are currently being targeted and killed for testifying against the army. It would a betrayal of their bravery and their lives for @falzthebahdguy and @mrmacaronii to accept the Governor’s invite for a “Peace walk”. I hope they loudly reject such a proposal.”

@williamsefe16, “U can’t walk for PEACE with bloodstained feet… No Justice no #PeaceWalk”

@mrfestusogun said, “In walk for peace, the first step must be admission that what happened on the 20th day of October 2020 was a massacre. Thereafter, justice must be ensured for all victims and perpetrators.”