Dealer who gave out pills in Mac Miller?s fatal overdose pleads guilty

Two men linked to distributing the drugs that caused American rapper, Mac Miller’s fatal overdose have pleaded guilty in separate hearings in Los Angeles. 


Stephen Andrew Walter, 48, and Ryan Michael Reavis, 38, pleaded guilty on Tuesday November 30 in video conferences to one felony count of distributing fentanyl. 


Prior to pleading guilty, Walter told federal Judge Otis D. Wright he never met Miller and didn’t know what happened to the drugs that he gave Ryan Michael Reavis to sell. Court documents showed that the rapper was given the pills two days before the fatal drug overdose on Sept. 7, 2018 at his home in Studio City, California. 


Walter said; 


“I was charged with selling blue pills, little blue counterfeit oxycontin pills … and I didn’t know what was in them.

“I didn’t know, like, fentanyl was in it. But I do say, yes, that I aided and abetted the transaction.”


Dealer who gave out pills in Mac Miller?s fatal overdose pleads guilty


However in the indictment, it was stated that Cameron James Pettit agreed to sell Miller 10 “blues”, the street name for Oxycodone pills as well as cocaine and Xanax on the night of Sept. 4, 2018.


Pettit allegedly handed Miller, whose real name is Malcolm James McCormick, the counterfeit oxycodone pills that contained fentanyl, a powerful painkiller which is 50 times more potent than heroin. 


Prosecutors at Tuesday’s hearing, said Walter knew the pills he gave to Reavis contained fentanyl.


Walter however said; 


“I never met [Miller] before. I only talked to Cameron. I didn’t know what his intentions were with the pills. After he saw Ryan Reavis, I didn’t know what he was going to do with them.”


Reavis stayed mostly quiet during his hearing on Tuesday afternoon, but answered, “Yes, thank you,” when the judge asked if he was voluntarily changing his not guilty plea. 


Walter’s sentencing is scheduled for March 7, 2022, while Reavis will be back in court on April 4, 2022. Both men face a maximum sentence of 20 years in federal prison, a lifetime of supervised release, a $1 million fine and other court fees.