A Connecticut family’s dog is being credited with saving the life of his owners’ baby girl who had stopped breathing.
On Monday night, Dec. 13, Kelly Dowling put her 9-month-old daughter, who had been battling a cold and not feeling well, down in her crib to sleep.
Henry, her 8-year-old Boston terrier, kept barging into the sleeping baby’s nursery and waking her up.
Dowling soon became frustrated and fed up with her dog because her daughter needed to rest.
“He was not acting like himself, he kept going back in,” Dowling said.
Dowling said when Henry is scolded, he is usually embarrassed and hides under the bed and you don’t see him for a while. That night, however, he was persistent.
Moments later, Dowling said she noticed something wasn’t right with her baby, who had stopped breathing.
“She started turning blue and just really choking on, you know, whatever it was stuck in there,” Dowling said.
The frantic parents rushed the baby to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center where doctors were able to clear the build-up in her throat before things got worse.
“I don’t know what would have happened if he hadn’t woken her,” Dowling wrote in a Twitter thread, detailing her ordeal. “We don’t deserve dogs.”