A video making rounds online shows the moment guests at an event were served food directly from a stove with open flame.

It was gathered that the unique concept was to ensure the food remained sizzling hot for the party guests during consumption.

Party guests served

In the trending video, two servers were seen carrying a stove believed to be a gas stove with a clay pot on it which was eventually opened to unveil catfish pepper soup with plantain.

Watch the video below,

The video has gotten social media users talking online as they point out the danger of having open flame at an event hall with dozens of people. According to some critics, the party planner went overboard with the idea.

See some reactions below,

@iphieg wrote, “Until una born person event centre una eye go clear, Gas stove for that matter.”

@captstan1 wrote, “You all be playing with fire 🔥 accident all in the name of packaging…I bet no single Fire extinguisher is in this hall…beautiful nonsense”

@ceejay.79 wrote, “You can only see this in Africa where we stupidly want to impress others while relegating safety. Safety first.”

@jyggacollins wrote, “Una dey do too much dis days!”