5 hospitalised as fire guts Lagos Law School

At least five persons have been hospitalized following a fire outbreak at the Lagos campus of the Nigerian Law School located on Ozumba Mbadiwe Street, Victoria Island.

 

The incident happened on Wednesday night, Feb. 15, and led to commotion among occupants who ran in different directions,  with some of them getting injured in the process.

 

The fire, suspected to have been caused by an electrical fault, started at 10 pm from the first floor of the 5-story building hostel, accommodating about 1500 law graduates on the Lagos campus.

 

The fire was put out by hostel security officials as they promptly switched off the main power supply before the arrival of state fire service some minutes later.