‘Death Toll In Ondo Church Massacre Rises To Over 50’

No fewer than 50 persons have been declared dead and moved to morgues following the attack on a Catholic church in Owo, Ondo state, on Sunday.

Armed herdsmen had invaded St Francis Xavier church while service was underway and opened live rounds on congregants before detonating explosives already planted in the church.

The initial death toll was 28 according to Olayemi Adeyemi, a member of Ondo House of Assembly representing the constituency, who spoke to Peoples Gazette a few hours after the carnage.

Although the authorities had yet to release official figures of fatalities, a report by Aljazeera has said more deaths have been recorded, pegging the current death toll at 50.

“A doctor at a hospital in Owo said no fewer than 50 bodies had been moved to Owo’s Federal Medical Centre and St Louis Catholic Hospital,” Aljazeera disclosed on their website.

Culled

Follow Us on Facebook – @LadunLiadi; Instagram – @LadunLiadi; Twitter – @LadunLiadi; Youtube – @LadunLiadiTV for updates






Previous articlePope Francis Reacts To Owo Church Massacre
Next articleEFCC Arrests 19 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Kogi